Are you in the market for an affordable yet capable smartphone that supports 5G? Look no further than T-Mobile’s REVVL 6 Pro 5G. In this review, we’ll explore the features and capabilities of this mid-range device, weighing the pros and cons to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
The REVVL 6 Pro 5G is a mid-range smartphone from T-Mobile, released in March 2021. As the name suggests, it supports 5G connectivity, making it a great choice for those who want faster download and upload speeds.
Design and Display
The phone has a 6.8-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of 387 PPI. The front camera is located in a small punch-hole cutout at the top center of the display.
The device has a plastic frame and back panel, which may feel less premium than more expensive smartphones with glass or metal construction. However, the plastic material also makes the phone lightweight and less prone to breaking.
Performance and Battery Life
Under the hood, the REVVL 6 Pro 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset with an octa-core CPU and Mali-G57 MC2 GPU. It comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 1TB with a microSD card.
The phone runs on Android 11 with T-Mobile’s custom UI on top. The software is relatively clean, with minimal bloatware and a few helpful T-Mobile-specific features.
The device is equipped with a 4,500mAh battery that supports fast charging up to 18W. According to T-Mobile, the phone can last up to 29 hours of talk time or 16 days of standby time on a single charge.
The REVVL 6 Pro 5G has a triple-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 64MP primary camera, a 16MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. The camera performs well in well-lit environments, producing sharp and detailed photos with accurate colors.
In low-light environments, however, the camera struggles to capture enough light, resulting in grainy and blurry photos. The front-facing camera is a 16MP sensor that can capture decent selfies and supports facial recognition for secure unlocking.
Connectivity and Audio
As mentioned earlier, the REVVL 6 Pro 5G supports 5G connectivity, which provides faster download and upload speeds compared to 4G. The device also supports Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB Type-C.
The phone has a single speaker located at the bottom that produces decent sound quality but lacks bass. There’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack for those who prefer wired headphones.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the REVVL 6 Pro 5G:
- Affordable price
- 5G connectivity
- Large and vibrant display
- Decent performance and battery life
- Expandable storage
- Plastic construction feels less premium
- Mediocre camera performance in low light
- Single speaker lacks bass
The REVVL 6 Pro 5G is a solid mid-range smartphone from T-Mobile that offers 5G connectivity, decent performance, and a large and vibrant display at an affordable price. While the plastic construction may feel less premium and the camera may struggle in low-light environments, these tradeoffs are understandable given the device’s price and the target market that it’s aimed at.
If you’re someone who values 5G connectivity and a large display but is willing to compromise on camera performance and premium materials, then the REVVL 6 Pro 5G could be a great choice for you. However, if you’re someone who prioritizes camera quality or premium build materials, you may want to consider other options.
- Does the REVVL 6 Pro 5G support wireless charging?
- No, the phone doesn’t support wireless charging.
- Can I use the REVVL 6 Pro 5G with other carriers besides T-Mobile?
- The device is locked to T-Mobile’s network, but you may be able to unlock it after fulfilling certain requirements.
- How is the device’s software update policy?
- T-Mobile is responsible for providing software updates for the REVVL 6 Pro 5G, so the frequency and timing of updates may vary.
- Does the phone have a water-resistant rating?
- No, the device doesn’t have an IP rating for water resistance.
- Is the device compatible with 5G networks outside of the US?
- The phone supports 5G bands that are used in the US, so its compatibility with 5G networks outside of the US may vary.